One of the all time favorites!
These Philly Cheesesteak sliders are one of the crowd favorites.
Great for game day, party food or family dinner. Make everyone on the list happy with some of these yummy, mouth watering, easy to make Sliders. I’m in love with cheese, so if you use Pepper Jack, Swiss, Provolone or any other cheese, don’t skimp. I love to watch all that cheese goodness as I pull them apart.
How to Make Philly Cheesesteak Sliders:
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Separate the tops and bottoms of your rolls and place the bottoms in an 11″ x 7″ baking dish or on a baking sheet.
- Cook the steak meat in a skillet, adding salt and pepper to taste. When done cooking set aside.
- Saute the pepper and onions until they are tender.
- Prep the bread by spreading a thin layer of mayo on the tops and bottoms of the rolls.
- When the meat, onions and green peppers have finished cooking spread the steak, then peppers, and onions evenly over the bottom pieces of bread in the casserole dish.
- Place a layer of provolone cheese over the peppers and onions.
- In a small bowl combine melted butter and 1 tablespoon of finely diced raw onions.
- Place the top pieces of bread on top of the cheese and then brush the tops of the bread with the butter mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes, then remove foil and continue baking for another 10 minutes (or until cheese is melted).
- Cut and serve.